After being dumped by her fiance, Miss Li seemed to feel no alternative but to plunge to her death, ironically clad in her wedding dress.
But before she plunged to almost certain death, care worker Guo Zhongfan caught her by the neck and held her as others rushed to help pull her to safety, MSNBC reported.”
Sad to see of course the despair seen all over the world when breakups happen, but of course in a country where this is perhaps viewed as a stain on your character and possibly that of your family, I guess it must be all the harder to take.
Luckily Guo Zongfan seemed to have lightning reactions, and a very strong elbow joint. Absolute kudos to this man.
It leads me to wonder how many other desparing suicide attempts – successful or not – are ‘ignored’ somewhat as they are not deemed newsworthy. It seems that only Guo Zongfan’s courageous catch is what is making the news here and not Miss Li’s plight. We can’t of course cover each case on broadcast media or we’d surely have no other news, but this is sad to see that it’s highlighting how everyday this activity is…bar the catch.
- ‘Jilted bride-to-be’ tries to commit suicide after row with lover (mirror.co.uk)
- Jilted bride’s suicide bid thwarted (mirror.co.uk)
- Jilted Bride Attempts Suicide, Man Catches Her As She Falls [Video] (jezebel.com)
- A Jilted Bride Tried To Commit Suicide – In Her Wedding Dress (wzlx.radio.com)
- Miss Li: Jilted Bride Pulled to Safety While Attempting Suicide (PHOTOS & VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Jilted bride jumps out of window (thesun.co.uk)
- Jilted bride rescued from suicide bid (heraldsun.com.au)
- Jilted bride jumps out window, caught by her neck, saved (timesunion.com)
- Jilted bride saved in suicide drama (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)